Hello! I’m Grace Niu Avila, a graphic designer and calligrapher based in the Chicago suburbs. My formal training (BFA) is in graphic design, but I began to integrate calligraphy and hand-lettering into my designs in the past few years and have loved it! Because I am a designer first and foremost, I take typography very seriously and I believe that a carefully designed piece can speak volumes.
I had been designing wedding invitations as a freelancer for 8 years, but officially launched my business in March 2017! In addition to running this business, I work at a company as a full-time graphic designer during the day. #busybee
I'm a newlywed as of September 2016 (see the blog for some of my wedding posts!). A few of my other loves include coffee (I was a barista for a few years), wine, Thai food, Mexican food, and anything sour/spicy. I will never say no to noodles in general, but especially noodle soups!
I’d love to work with you to create something beautiful!
AS SEEN ON
- Oh So Beautiful Paper, Understated Green Calligraphy and Fern Wedding Invitations
- ModWedding, Romantic Candlelit Illinois Wedding with Garden Vibes
- Oh So Beautiful Paper, Trendspotting: Vellum Inspiration
- Oh So Beautiful Paper, Minimalist Black + White Invitations
- 100 Layer Cake, Modern DIY Wedding in Chicago
- The Everygirl, Various Design Contributions