If you’re a bride-to-be, bridesmaid, friend of an expecting mother, or general stationery lover, I’m about to be your new best friend. :)
I’m Grace Niu Avila, stationery designer and calligrapher. I'd love to serve and help you in your planning process by creating custom invitations or event goods for your special day! I’m here to help bring your vision to paper in a modern and beautifully designed way.
One of my favorite parts about designing custom invitations is seeing the bride’s face light up or her excited words over email when she finally sees her invitations in print. It’s definitely a special feeling, and I would be so honored to help bring you that feeling! I specialize in serving the bride or event hostess that is looking for unique and modern stationery with a touch of hand-lettered goodness.
ABOUT MY JOURNEY
I’ve always been a crafter, artist, and creator at heart, even from a young age. I was that kid that bought all sorts of craft and DIY kits, I was in a mural painting club in high school (nerd alert), and I have a BFA in graphic design.
My journey designing invitations started 8 years ago when a friend asked me to design her wedding invitations. After that, I designed them a few times a year on a freelance basis, mostly for friends. A few years ago, when I first started dabbling with hand lettering, another friend asked me to do lettering on wood signs for her wedding. After that, I began to incorporate hand lettering and calligraphy into my invitation designs, and decided to make my business official this past March!
As I continue my journey, I hope to always provide you with quality, hand-crafted and carefully designed pieces that will be keepsakes in your home.
I’d love to hear your ideas and work with you to create something custom!
FUN FACTS ABOUT ME
- I'm a newlywed as of September 2016 (see the blog for some of my wedding posts!)
- I love making and drinking coffee - I was a barista for a few years.
- I don’t discriminate between white, red and rose, but I will not drink moscato (I don’t like super sweet things).
- I love Thai food, Mexican food, and anything sour/spicy.
- Most people have a separate stomach for desserts, but I have a whole separate stomach for noodle soups.
- I clearly love food - most of these facts were about food or drinks.
AS SEEN ON
- Borrowed & Blue, Romantic Pink & Gold Loft Styled Shoot
- Oh So Beautiful Paper, Understated Green Calligraphy and Fern Wedding Invitations
- ModWedding, Romantic Candlelit Illinois Wedding with Garden Vibes
- Oh So Beautiful Paper, Trendspotting: Vellum Inspiration
- Oh So Beautiful Paper, Minimalist Black + White Invitations
- 100 Layer Cake, Modern DIY Wedding in Chicago
- The Everygirl, Various Design Contributions