HOW I APPROACH YOUR INVITATIONS
As a formally trained graphic designer, I believe your invitation designs should tell your unique story as a couple in a beautiful and visual manner. Much like how a business card should give you a good sense about the business upon first glance, a wedding invitation suite should do the same, yet there is a lot more freedom and space to explore different papers, layouts, colors and printing methods, which is what I love about invitations! When your guests open the invitation, they should know that this is uniquely your wedding and your love story, no one else’s.
The coming together of two people to form one life forever is such a great commitment! In order to properly celebrate and cherish this occasion, I want to give the proper care and attention to your design. The invitations you receive from me won’t just be pieces of paper, they will be pieces of art created specifically for you. Your custom invitation is made for no one else, and you will receive quality one-on-one treatment from me as I design your invitations to be the perfect fit for you and your fiancé. My goal is to help make the custom process as easy and fun as possible! Sit back and let me do what I do best!
CUSTOM INVITATION DESIGN PROCESS
01. Fill out the custom wedding stationery contact form here and tell me more about what you're looking for!
02. If I am available to work with you and feel like we will be a good fit, I will get back to you with a more detailed follow-up questionnaire.
03. After you submit the questionnaire back to me, I'll send you a proposal/quote.
04. If you decide to work with me, you'll sign a basic agreement and pay a non-refundable 50% deposit.
05. The fun part begins! Using the ideas and inspiration you've provided, I will come up with some sketches and an inspiration board for you. We narrow down a general design from there, and then I work on your digital designs. You'll let me know your thoughts and any changes you'd like to make.
06. The design gets finalized and it gets printed! Once complete, the remainder of the payment will be due and we'll arrange for shipment or drop-off, if you're local.
The process can take anywhere from 6-10 weeks typically, depending on availability and how quickly approvals are given, etc.
CUSTOM INVITATION DESIGN FAQs
Why should I choose custom invitations?
I know firsthand how extremely expensive weddings become - I'm a newlywed myself! Think about it this way - if you're already spending all this time, effort and money to plan a great wedding that is special and unique to you and your fiance, you want to give your guests a great impression and get them even more excited about this important day! You'll want your invitations and paper goods to show the same care and investment that you've put into other aspects of your day. Your invitation suite will become a keepsake that you can frame or save and remember for years to come.
What is included in the price?
When you hire me to design your custom invitations, you are getting a professional graphic designer and calligrapher all in one! The price you'll be quoted will include email (or phone) consultations and communication, design labor, 3 rounds of design/text revisions, basic assembly, a design for your return address, and shipment of the assembled invitations to you (you take care of the mailing!). I'll take care of all the printing so that you don't have to worry about the technical terms and specifications. The printing costs and materials are charged separately, and can vary depending on what printing methods and paper you've chosen.
What if I am on a budget?
The good news is that I can work with your budget to an extent. The not-so-good news is that we'll have to be realistic (i.e. having gold foil is probably not for you if you're on a small budget!), but I will use my expertise to suggest the best options for your budget. If you're not sure if it will work with your budget, just ask - I'm happy to help answer questions!
What if I have no idea what I want my invitations to look like?
Not to worry! Just send me your Pinterest board, describe your wedding to me, and tell me about you as a couple, and together we will come up with something fabulous!