MY THOUGHTS ON WEDDING STATIONERY
Your wedding stationery isn't just paper. It's an investment that represents memories of your engagement journey and your wedding day, and can be kept and treasured for years. Custom stationery can be fully tailored to you - paper choices, printing methods, envelope colors and more! If it seems overwhelming, I'll be there to walk you through everything! You don't have to navigate through stationery etiquette alone, or decide between designs that only somewhat represent you. My goal is for you to have as little stationery stress as possible, and for you to receive your invitations and say "That is SO us, I'm going to keep this forever."
You will receive quality one-on-one treatment from me as I design your invitations to be the perfect fit for you and your fiancé. I want to help make the custom process as easy and fun as possible!
CUSTOM INVITATION DESIGN PROCESS
01. Fill out the custom wedding stationery contact form here.
02. You'll receive my custom stationery guide PDF and a link to schedule a time to chat over the phone.
03. We'll chat over the phone about your wedding aesthetic, and any ideas you have for your stationery including quantities and how many pieces in the suite.
04. I'll send you a customized proposal based on the information you've given me.
05. If you decide to work with me, you'll sign an agreement and pay a non-refundable 50% deposit.
06. The fun part begins! Using the ideas and inspiration you've provided, I will come up with some sketches and an inspiration board for you. We narrow down a general design from there, and then I work on your digital designs. You'll let me know your thoughts and any changes you'd like to make.
07. The design gets finalized and the remainder of the payment will be due. Once that happens, off it goes to print! We'll arrange for shipment or drop-off, if you're local.
The process can take anywhere from 8-10 weeks typically, depending on availability and how quickly approvals are given, etc.
CUSTOM INVITATION DESIGN FAQs
How soon should I contact you to get started?
Invitations are typically mailed out 2 months in advance of your wedding date. For a destination wedding, it is typically about 6 months to give your guests time to make travel arrangements. Even though the design process takes 6-8 weeks, I recommend getting in touch as soon as possible to make sure we have plenty of time to make sure your invitations are perfect! Also, having a few weeks' extra buffer is a good idea just in case!
Short answer: you should get in touch with me 4-6 months before you want to mail out your invitations, but ASAP is best!
What is included in the price?
When you hire me to design your custom invitations, you are getting a professional graphic designer and calligrapher all in one! A ton of detail and care that you may not see goes into custom invitations, and quality materials are always used, so you can be sure that you're getting the best service and quality for your invitations. Unlike ready-made designs, you'll feel like the only person who is getting my attention and design services!
The price you'll be quoted will include:
Phone consultation and email communications
Custom calligraphy, hand-painted art, graphic design, and typography services
3 rounds of design/text revisions
Printing of your design on quality paper stock
Envelopes (addressing is separate)
A design for your return address (printing of the address is separate)
Complimentary shipment of the assembled invitations to you (you take care of the mailing!)
I'll take care of all the printing so that you don't have to worry about the technical terms and specifications. The printing and materials costs can vary depending on what printing methods and paper you've chosen.
What if I am on a budget?
The couples I work with typically spend about 5% of their total wedding budget on stationery, and custom stationery tends to start around $1800. I will use my expertise to suggest the best options for your budget. If you're not sure if it will work with your budget, just ask - I'm happy to help answer questions! If your budget doesn't allow for custom stationery, I would love to help you add a custom touch through the form of envelope calligraphy!
What if I have no idea what I want my invitations to look like?
Not to worry! Just send me your Pinterest board, describe your wedding to me, and tell me about you as a couple, and together we will come up with something fabulous!